[Distutils] CentOS5 is EOL, impact on manylinux1?

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Mon Apr 3 18:34:26 EDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
>> CentOS5 is EOL now and the repositories have been taken offline. Does this
>> impact manylinux1? Do we need to work on a manylinux2?
>
> Ugh, if we don't have access to the repositories then the existing
> manylinux1 docker images will keep working, but we won't be able to
> rebuild or otherwise modify them :-(.

Ok, it looks like the main CentOS 5 repo is still available at
vault.centos.org, and EPEL 5 and the devtools are still available at
their original locations, so this is a little less of an emergency
then it might have been. Still probably a good idea to move on ASAP
though :-).

(URLs for those who want to check for themselves in the future:
  http://vault.centos.org/5.11/
  https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/
  https://people.centos.org/tru/devtools-2/
)