[Distutils] new PyPI: a rant from a package maintainer

Lucas Boppre Niehues lucasboppre at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 16:43:49 EDT 2017

I just had a dreadful day dealing with PyPI and the migrations that are
happening. I'm posting this rant here in hopes of reaching the people who
can fix it (apologies if I'm in the wrong list), or at least offer an
explanation of the events that happened.

Disclaimers:
- Any and all feedback is welcome, but please be charitable.
- I'm angry *at* things, I hope not to offend anybody.
- I'm posting this rant here and not reddit or hn to ensure the discussion
stays between the interested parties and not the whole internet.

For formatting reasons the text is here:

https://gist.github.com/boppreh/ac7522b3a4ac46b4f6010eecddc57f21

Thank you for your attention