[Distutils] PEP 517 Status

12345 67890 xoviat at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 19:18:49 EDT 2017

Hello all:

I have been attempting to resolve the horrible easy_install behavior where compiled wheels published on pypi are not used to fulfill setup requirements. To address this issue, I have submitted pull requests to both setuptools and pip that would allow a proprietary communication method that can later be easily adjusted to be fully PEP 517 compliant, saving work while resolving a specific issue.

However, everyone appears to be ignoring these pull requests, in my estimation, because PEP 517 is not fully completed. That’s fine, but partial PEP 517 compliance in one area is better than nothing at all, which is currently the default scenario.

Regards,

xoviat