[Distutils] Transfering modules

Ian Hartley iahartle at ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 17 22:17:25 EDT 2017

Hello,

I have a question that I haven't been able to find online or in the python
documentation.
While trying to install a module I have encountered significant trouble,
stalling my current experiment.

I recently installed python 3.6.2, and I want to know how to transfer the
numerous modules I have on 3.6.1 to the newest version, usable by an
interpreter.

Since I was not able to transfer packages to the newer version, I tried to
install my module to the working python 3.6.1 version, but similarly, could
not find any documentation about how to do this.

I also tried to completely uninstall the python 3.6.2 build, but after
running sudo-remove commands, and then testing by booting python3, the
build running is still 3.6.2, even after removing the framework etc.

I am sincerely confused by this and it has unfortunately brought my
experiment to a standstill.  If you could offer any illumination on this, I
would be extremely grateful.

I truly thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Best regards,
Ian Hartley