[Distutils] Transfering modules

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 23:46:25 EDT 2017

On 19 August 2017 at 04:39, Ian Hartley <iahartle at ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Thanks all,
>
> I was able to copy the files from the site-packages, and transfer to 3.6.2.
> For some reason, even though I've transfered all the modules, only some are
> appearing.  Very strange.  Either way I think it should work for now...
>
> Let me know if you know why only some of the packages would be showing up.

I'm still unclear on how you even managed to get both 3.6.1 and 3.6.2
installed on the same system (since 3.6.2 would overwrite 3.6.1
entirely in most circumstances), and without knowing that it's hard to
guess what might be going wrong in transferring packages between the
two :)

Would you mind posting the output of "python3 -m site" for both installations?

Cheers,
Nick.