[Distutils] Mirroring PyPI JSON Locally

Cooper Ry Lees me at cooperlees.com
Wed Aug 23 23:59:40 EDT 2017

Thanks all for your points.

Is it fine if I get a Informational PEP going to discuss 'Metadata Repository API'? I will structure it similar to PEP503, but also talk about:

- The data exposed today (Specification)
-- And possibly call on some PyPI people to correct me where I guess wrong
- How mirrors should mirror it
- Possible furure enhancements (JSONLD etc.)

What else should we have in this PEP?

Cooper