[Distutils] Fwd: Re: PEP 517 again

xoviat xoviat at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 14:20:58 EDT 2017

To be clear, is everyone okay with the following?

build_wheel(wheel_directory, config_settings=None,
metadata_directory=None): [REQUIRED]
build_wheel_incremental(wheel_directory, config_settings=None,
metadata_directory=None): [OPTIONAL]

I still think that the frontend should not provide a build_directory, but
if someone *really* wants the build_directory in the incremental function,
then I will "disagree and commit."