[Distutils] PEP 517 again

Thomas Kluyver thomas at kluyver.me.uk
Fri Aug 25 17:56:33 EDT 2017

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017, at 10:26 PM, xoviat wrote:
> > I'm more or less persuaded by Nathaniel's argument that the source
> > directory shouldn't be on sys.path>
> I do too. There should be an option in pyproject.toml to disable this
> behavior though so that numpy can build itself.
I'm not sure that's necessary:
- As I've described, a special shim backend could load hooks from the
  source directory. This doesn't need us to specify another option in
  the toml file.- Nathaniel is one of the core numpy developers, so if he's not asking
  for that switch, numpy presumably doesn't need it. :-)