[Distutils] Conditionless setup.py

xoviat xoviat at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 20:46:07 EDT 2017

I personally do not understand the aversion to YAML. I mean yes, the
specification is more complicated, but it's also more popular and the YAML
files will not be complex enough for a C library to help that much. And
since it's more popular, people might even prefer specifying package
metadata in a pyproject.yaml. pip could even cache a wheel of the pyyaml
package between builds that could be imported at build time with a
zipimporter rather than vendoring the package. And as a plus it's not named
after an alleged sexist.

Honestly this is not an issue that interests me very much but this rant is
because I was surprised that toml was chosen when I first found out about
it.