[Distutils] Documentation link on PyPI.org

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 11:33:54 EDT 2017

You can add a URL in the long_description (e.g. to
https://read-the-docs.readthedocs.org/ )

It'd be useful to mention that here:
https://packaging.python.org/tutorials/distributing-packages/

It would sure be great to be able to express with structured data that a
project has [Sphinx] docs at a particular URL. It'd then be possible to
discover and search docs for each project automatically.

http://markmail.org/search/?q=project-url+documentation+list%3Aorg.python.distutils-sig

"[Distutils] Provide separate development and documentation URLs in PyPI
metadata?"

http://markmail.org/search/?q=project-url+documentation+list%3Aorg.python.distutils-sig#query:project-url%20documentation%20list%3Aorg.python.distutils-sig+page:1+mid:e2ilbaevv2s3fl2j+state:results