[Distutils] Immutability of Release Metadata in Warehouse

Matthias Bussonnier bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 16:10:12 EST 2017

One case I could see is the use of the requires_python metadata. It was not
included in the recent release of Django 2.0 (which is py 3 only) and
making a new release will be useless as pip on py2 will still see Django
2.0.0 as Py 2 compatible download it and crash.

I'm going to assume with time more packages will be affected even with
minor version of Python.