[Distutils] distlib and wheel metadata

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 10:49:44 EST 2017

On 15 February 2017 at 15:41, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> My goal with the split is to get to a state where:
>
> - exactly zero projects on PyPI use "==" or "===" in their requires
> metadata (because PyPI explicitly prohibits it)
> - the vast majority of projects on PyPI *don't* have an "integrates" section
> - those projects that do have an `integrates` section have a valid
> reason for it (like PyObjC)

So how many projects on PyPI currently have == or === in their
requires? I've never seen one (although my sample size isn't large -
but it does cover major packages in a large-ish range of application
areas).

I'm curious as to how major this problem is in practice. I (now)
understand the theoretical argument for the proposal.

Paul