[Distutils] How to specify dependencies in Python

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 12:47:30 EST 2017

On 17 January 2017 at 17:40, Jim Fulton <jim at jimfulton.info> wrote:
>> I am speaking of both. And: I think requirements.txt is optional.
>
> Then I disagree with your statement. :)
>
> I should stop, but I'll take one more stab at this.
>
> It matters whether you're talking about components(/libraries) or whole
> systems (/applications).

FWIW, that was my point as well. Thomas, if you're not understanding
that instructions need to be different depending on whether you're
talking about components/libraries or systems/applications, then we're
not going to reach an agreement.

IMO, the "Quickstart" you quoted that triggered this is pretty much OK
as long as it's talking about developing applications. It's not clear
without context whether that's the case, but unless *you* understand
the distinction Jim and I are trying to make, then I doubt we'd agree
with any suggested rewording of that section that you might propose.

Paul