[Distutils] Has anyone looked at bug 29225?

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Fri Jan 20 13:53:16 EST 2017

Den 20 jan. 2017 6:32 em skrev "Brett Cannon" <brett at python.org>:

> Oh, over the 26 years of Python's lifetime you would be surprised what
people come to rely on (including broken semantics which they have written
fixes for themselves which then break when a proper fix is introduced).

I can imagine, perhaps I shouldn't have been so confident :) Hopefully if
people have put in their own workarounds, they'll be happy to be able to
drop them, but who knows, heh.

Elvis

> On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 at 10:01 Elvis Stansvik <elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com>
wrote:

>>> It's probably a combination of people being busy and the fact that it
involves distutils which not very many people feel comfortable reviewing
patches for and changing its semantics.

>> Alright, that's understandable and sort of what I suspected.
>>
>> I hope (and believe) my patch preserves the semantics for all cases
except the specific one it fixes. The wrong behavior which it fixes is so
obviously wrong that I can't imagine someone relying on it somehow :)

>> Elvis
>>

>>> Regardless of what happens to your patch, though, thanks for taking the
time to report the problem you ran into and trying to fix it!

possible I screwed something up. Or people are just busy :)