[Distutils] Pip not working

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 07:48:04 EDT 2017

On 18 July 2017 at 07:40, Michael Afolabi via Distutils-SIG
<distutils-sig at python.org> wrote:
> Hello Python,
>
> I have been trying to install pip onto my windows laptop but even though I
> have python 3.6. It still will not run. Every time I type pip it returns by
> saying that it is not recognized as an internal or external command. Also
> when i type in python -m pip install, it returns with python.exe: No module
> named pip.

Depending on which options you selected during installation, pip may
not have been installed globally. If that's the case, then running
"python -m ensurepip --default-pip" may fix it.

Cheers,
Nick.

P.S. I'm assuming the installer you're using is the executable or
web-based installer from
https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-362/