[Distutils] Getting dependecies of package from PyPiJSON

John Thorvald Wodder II jwodder at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 21:09:28 EDT 2017

[Sending to the list this time]

PyPI (both Legacy and Warehouse) actually does do this already; see the `requires_dist` field in, e.g., <https://pypi.org/pypi/qypi/json>. However, this only seems to work if the maintainer uploads the wheel before uploading the sdist (unless the sdist is a .zip instead of a .tar.gz, then it can be uploaded first?  I'm not sure).