[Distutils] ANNOUNCE: Sunsetting of uploading to the legacy PyPI/TestPyPI

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 01:24:44 EDT 2017

On 24 June 2017 at 01:11, Michael Merickel <mmericke at gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as which UI is recommended to manage your packages and for end-users
> to view things - I'm not sure about that timeline. For viewing packages I've
> been using pypi.org for a while now with minimal issues but it still has no
> management features in the UI.

Thanks for that. I better understand Ben's question now, and it made
me realise that
https://packaging.python.org/guides/tool-recommendations/ is missing a
section on "Publishing platform" that explains the migration that is
currently in progress and covers what pypi.org currently handles
better than pypi.python.org (publishing), which should still use
pypi.python.org (downloading due to server bandwidth availability,
package management UI), and those where it doesn't matter much which
you use (browsing).

I've created a PR to add that here:
https://github.com/pypa/python-packaging-user-guide/pull/334

Cheers,