[Distutils] GSoC 2017 - Plan of Action for dependency resolver

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 15:02:09 EST 2017

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 4:14 AM, Pradyun Gedam <pradyunsg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone!
>
> Google released the list of accepted organizations for GSoC 2017 and PSF
> is one of them.

I see pip is not yet listed as a PSF sub-org on http://python-gsoc.org/.
This is pretty urgent to arrange:

*    "March 3* - Last day for Python sub-orgs to apply to participate with
the PSF.
    (Assuming we get accepted by Google and can support sub-orgs, of
course!)
    This deadline is for orgs who applies on their own and didn't make it,
but still
     wish to participate under the umbrella. "

The original deadline was Feb 7. There's a good chance that Pip will still
be accepted after March 3, but I wouldn't gamble on it.

There are instructions under "Project Ideas" on http://python-gsoc.org/ on
how to get accepted as a sub-org.

Cheers,
Ralf