[Distutils] GSoC 2017 - Plan of Action for dependency resolver

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 16:31:34 EST 2017

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 9:07 AM, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2017, at 3:02 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 4:14 AM, Pradyun Gedam <pradyunsg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Everyone!
>>
>> Google released the list of accepted organizations for GSoC 2017 and PSF
>> is one of them.
>>

> I see pip is not yet listed as a PSF sub-org on http://python-gsoc.org/.
> This is pretty urgent to arrange:
>
> *    "March 3* - Last day for Python sub-orgs to apply to participate
> with the PSF.
>     (Assuming we get accepted by Google and can support sub-orgs, of
> course!)
>     This deadline is for orgs who applies on their own and didn't make it,
> but still
>      wish to participate under the umbrella. "
>
> The original deadline was Feb 7. There's a good chance that Pip will still
> be accepted after March 3, but I wouldn't gamble on it.
>
> There are instructions under "Project Ideas" on http://python-gsoc.org/
> on how to get accepted as a sub-org.
>

> Oh. I’ve never done this before and Pradyun reached out so I had no idea I
> had to do this. I’ll go ahead and do this.

I'm the GSoC admin for SciPy, so need to keep track of the various
deadlines/todos. I'd be happy to ping you each time one approaches if that
helps.

There's a PSF GSoC mentors list that's not noisy and useful to join. You'll
be added to the Google GSoC-mentors list automatically if you start
mentoring in the program, but you may want to mute it or not use your
primary email address for it (it's high-traffic, very low signal to noise
and you can't unsubscribe).

Ralf