[Distutils] PEP 517 - specifying build system in pyproject.toml

Wayne Werner waynejwerner at gmail.com
Thu May 25 09:04:58 EDT 2017

FWIW, I was just reading an article about writing libraries to just operate
on streams and totally ignore stdout/stdin/file io, and just leave the IO
to something else.

It may be a good idea to define the spec as purely operating on byte and
text streams, then leave where those streams go as an implementation
detail. That way for CI systems they could dump to stdout/stdin and other
systems  could do something different.

-W