[Distutils] Provisionally accepting PEP 517's declarative build system interface

Thomas Kluyver thomas at kluyver.me.uk
Wed May 31 10:05:12 EDT 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017, at 03:00 PM, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
> I would be fine with specifying a hook to copy only the files needed to
> build the wheel, but if we do that, let's not call it 'sdist' or
> anything that suggests that.

Also, if this is all we're after, I'd like to push again for making it
optional - for flit, the resulting wheel will always be the same whether
you copy the files somewhere else first or just build from the original
source tree. It's less to implement and more performant if flit can just
build the wheel directly, and skip the copying step.

Thomas