[Distutils] Provisionally accepting PEP 517's declarative build system interface

Fred Drake fred at fdrake.net
Wed May 31 18:58:12 EDT 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 6:48 PM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> What do consumers of the sdist format want to do? I don't actually know,
> They also want to publish the sdist to PyPI - so they need to
> name it according to the current convention.

I think we can rule this out for consumers of the sdist; only the
provider cares about this.  If you started from an sdist, you don't
need to publish it to PyPI (though you may want to "publish" to some
repository within your own organization).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fred at fdrake.net>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein