[Distutils] Disabling non HTTPS access to APIs on PyPI

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Mon Oct 30 09:21:32 EDT 2017

On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 12:22:32AM +0300, Alex Domoradov wrote:
> I got it. And what I should do with old system? For e.g. we still use ubuntu
> 12.04. Is there any way to upgrade pip/setuptools?

If you're using Ubuntu 12.04, then presumably you're paying Canoncial
for extended support, so ask them to provide a pip/setuptools SRU.

(If you're not paying Canonical, then you're not getting security
updates and should upgrade ASAP.)

Marius Gedminas
--
Favorite MS-DOS error message: "Drive C: not ready, close door."