[Distutils] Facing a strange issue while uploading my package using devpi

Vinay Sharma vinays75 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 15:39:42 EDT 2018

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question. If it is not
then please ignore this email and point me to the right forum (if anyone
knows).

I have a Jenkins Job to build my Python Package. At the end of this Jenkins
Job there are bunch of commands to upload the recently build Python Package
to devpi server.

When I am trying to upload my application distribution using following
command "devpi upload" in Jenkins I am getting an the following error :-

my_application.tar.gz: does not contain PKGINFO, skipping

I have checked everything and everything looks to be good like I have the
proper README.rst etc from which the proper PKG-INFO file should be
generated.

Any pointers would be a great help...

Regards
-Vinay