[Distutils] Facing a strange issue while uploading my package using devpi

Vinay Sharma vinays75 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 23:44:45 EDT 2018

Thanks to all who provided their valuable comments for this Issue.

Based upon the pointer provided by Dan, figured out there was a discrepancy
in the devpi version on my machine vs Jenkins build machine. After
upgrading the devpi on the Jenkins build machine the problem went away
although I am still puzzled why it came in the first place. Anyways problem
resolved.

Learned my lesson in a hard way : always keep the build and configuration
tools up-to-date.

Regards
-Vinay Sharma