[Distutils] Invalid Packages

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Sat Feb 17 04:08:56 EST 2018

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 2:39 PM, Matt Gieger <mattbju2013 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to see a clause added to the "Ivalid Package" section of PEP541
> that allows some mechanism for other pypi users to mark a package as spam.
> Every day i see more spam packages added to pypi and currently the only way
> to get them removed is to create an issue in github.

The purpose of PEP 541 is to define which packages can/can't be
removed/reassigned. Actually finding those packages is a separate
question; that could just be a feature request on a warehouse.

What do you mean by a "spam package"? I guess it might be covered
under this section:
  https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0541/#invalid-projects

-n