[Distutils] Twine 1.10.0rc1 on Test PyPI

Jason R. Coombs jaraco at jaraco.com
Sat Mar 3 11:17:57 EST 2018

Thanks for working on this!

In my particular use-case, I rarely run twine myself, but instead rely on the Travis-CI DPL routine<https://github.com/travis-ci/dpl/blob/master/lib/dpl/provider/pypi.rb>. Looking at that code, I don’t see any means I have to test a pre-release version.

Given the presumably broad impact this one use-case has, it would be nice if there were a way to test it against pre-release versions of twine (and maybe also wheel, pip, and setuptools). Perhaps it would be worthwhile to propose a hook to that project to enable the versions of those projects to be specified for selective testing.

Oh, I just had an idea - perhaps one could set the PIP_PRE environment variable and that would affect the install and allow the pre-release to be tested. I’ll give that a go.