[Django-india] striptags messes spaces

Arun Kumar Dharuman arundhaj at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 18:39:16 CEST 2014

I'm using Django 1.7.0 (recent version)

In my case for a form's textarea I'm using CKEditorWidget. When user feeds
input with extra spaces, the widget adds   to the string.

> python manage.py shell
>>> from django.template import Context, Template
>>> t = Template("{{ html_content }}")
>>> c = Context({"html_content": "<html><p> This is a    sample
html</p>     </html>"})
>>> t.render(c)
u' This is a   &nbsp;sample html     '

Since the source string itself contains   characters, striptags
ignores it.

you can check the behavior in the below site
http://www.bits-junction.in/quiz/1

Regards
ArunDhaJ