[PYTHON DOC-SIG] Documentation format

Guido van Rossum guido@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 15:37:10 -0400

> 	(Frame's non-free status doesn't worry me much, though I'd
> never have access to it.  The Frame source would be available on
> python.org, and the distribution would ship with various output files
> like PS, HTML, or WinHelp.  Better make sure Guido has access to it,
> though.)

I do, and I like Frame a lot.  What you say here also makes me feel
more comfortable with Frame's non-free status; however the free HTML
generation sucks.

However, we have some internal projects where we are supposed to
maintain the real documentation in Frame (by our own choice) and it
seems no-one is willing to maintain Frame documents -- one reason
seems to be that you can't edit them in Emacs.

send messages to: doc-sig@python.org