[PYTHON DOC-SIG] Documentation format

Robin Friedrich friedric@rose.rsoc.rockwell.com
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 17:22:15 -0500

   Andy: Better make sure Guido has access to it, though.
   Guido:
|> I do, and I like Frame a lot.  What you say here also makes me feel
|> more comfortable with Frame's non-free status; however the free HTML
|> generation sucks.

I know. What we have done here is use the niffy free tool fm2html.
It's a perl:( thing which orchastrates the various data graphic
conversions and table conversion needed. Adobe has a new tool they
call HoTaMaLe which supposedly does nicely at HTML. I haven't tried
it yet as it requires Frame5.1. Downloadable from www.adobe.com.
It's free now but I don't know how long it'll last. I don't expect it
to be expensive though.

As I mentioned before, I tried converting the .tex docs to FrameMaker.
I've finished the Tutorial today just to see how involved it is and
it turned out nicely. Only about 2 hours (because I spruced it up some).
I'll sent it to you under separate email. See what you think.

I picked the tutorial doc because it doesn't involve indexes.
Given the power of Framemaker I can image some very nice polished
(professional looking) documents to show for ourselves. (Someone
might even pay for them in their Frame native format so they could
integrate it into their production documentation systems;-)

send messages to: doc-sig@python.org