[PYTHON DOC-SIG] String interpolation module

Ka-Ping Yee kpyee@aw.sgi.com
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 11:16:16 +0900

Robin Friedrich wrote:

> This is one of the many unsung beauties of Python. We can so easily
> explore new ideas for improving the language.

Yes, absolutely.  I love being able to try things out this fast.

> I played a little with the Itpl and needed to make the following
> change... line 70
> while frame.f_globals['__name__'] == name: frame = frame.f_back
> while frame.f_globals['__name__'] == __name__: frame = frame.f_back
>
> I'm not sure how it ever worked for you.

Apologies to everyone!  I attached the wrong copy.  The script
(with this correction) is available now on my web site of collected
Python tidbits at http://www.lfw.org/python/.

> Once that's done it worked fine.  I like it alot!

Thanks.

> Anyone else have an opinion?    (well I guess this IS the weekend...)

I'll be watching... :)

Ping
                                 Developer, Alias|Wavefront Inc. (Tokyo)
http://www.lfw.org/math/ brings math to the Web as easy as <se>?pi?</se>