[PYTHON WEB-SIG] Re: [PYTHON DOC-SIG] HTMLgen and gendoc

Robin Friedrich friedric@rose.rsoc.rockwell.com
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 15:09:15 -0500

|> From: Bill Janssen <janssen@parc.xerox.com>
|>
|> Excerpts from ext.python: 11-Sep-96 [PYTHON DOC-SIG] HTMLgen an.. Robin
|> Friedrich@rose.rso (526)
|>
|> > In order to illustrate the results of gendoc 0.6 we've unpacked the
|> > HTMLgen online documentation on the python server so you can browse
|> > it directly. When you get there, click the Manual button to spawn a
|> > new browser with the framed manual autogenerated with gendoc's HTMLgen
|> > formatter module.
|>
|> > http://www.python.org/sigs/web-sig/HTMLgen/html/main.html
|>
|> Hmmm, not good.  I go to my Emacs, type "M-x w3-fetch
|> http://www.python.org/sigs/web-sig/HTMLgen/html/main.html", and see
|> nothing.  Frames are not supported by several useful browsers; I'd like
|> to see a solution which doesn't use them.
|>
|> Bill

Not to worry.

Gendoc supports vanilla HTML emission via the -f HTML option (which is
the default btw). The HTMLgen formatter is for the more tooty-fruity
style of pages :-) The vanilla HTML, MIF, and ASCII versions could have
been emitted at no extra effort.

-Robin

send messages to: doc-sig@python.org