[PYTHON DOC-SIG] Structured documentation syntax

Ken Manheimer klm@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 14:20:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Sep 1996, Ka-Ping Yee wrote:

> Skip Montanaro wrote:
> > That was my thought also.  I believe the "official" way to
> > distinguish URLs in otherwise plain ASCII text is with a
> >      <URL:http://www.python.org/>
>
> It is, but (as i said in response to Ken M.) i thought we
> were talking about the hyperlinked *text*, not the URL.

That was my confusion.  And i also prefer the square bracketing for the
text-to-footnote (or whatever) coupling...

Ken Manheimer		klm@cnri.reston.va.us	    703 620-8990 x268
	    (orporation for National Research |nitiatives

	# If you appreciate Python, consider joining the PSA! #
		  # <http://www.python.org/psa/>. #

send messages to: doc-sig@python.org