[DOC-SIG] XML extension module.

M.-A. Lemburg lemburg@uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 21:54:46 +0100

Stefane Fermigier wrote:

> Another option would be to use Marc-Andre Lemburg fast tag engine, which
> is made of a kernel written in C (kind of enhanced Finite State Automaton)
> and already has an HTML parser written (if you don't know about it, it's on
> his page on starship I guess).

You could do that, but you probably don't want to unless you
automate the tag table creation in some way :-) Let me know if
you're interested, since the version on my (much too outdated)
webpages is not the most up-to-date one. Also note, that the
engine is something like a combined lexer+parser.

BTW: It's not a HTML parser in the sense that it uses a strict
grammar which you probably have in mind here.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg

send messages to: doc-sig@python.org