[PYTHON DOC-SIG] Links to other internal functions/classes?

Robin Friedrich friedric@rose.rsoc.rockwell.com
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 17:42:34 -0600

|> From: "Mark Hammond" <MHammond@skippinet.com.au>
|>
|> Hi,
|>
|> Id like to include a link to another function in my documentation.
|> Eg, "See also <{module}.other_func>" where we have a link to the generated
|> documentation for that function/class/etc.
|>
|> Ive had a look, and tried a few things.  Couldnt make anything
|> work...

Sorry no help here. Daniel will have to look at this as a new requirement.

|> What is ~ for?  It comes out as literal for me - in _everything_ -
|> including the doc generated from gendoc.py!  Ive only tried HTMLg,
|> which may be a problem)
Tilde (~) isn't supposed to be special w.r.t. gendoc. Are you saying the
it's acting special in some way? It used to mean Italic but this was changed
and now *italic* is used for that.

|> Also, I had a quick play with "HTML", (as opposed to HTMLg) and it
|> was missing render_deflist() (??).  It has probably already been
|> added, but give me a yell if you want my version :-)
Known bug. Forward the version of the fix anyway.

|> Oh yeah - one last thing - both import and parser mode do work on
|> Win32 (except most people will not have parser in binary, but a .pyd
|> exists) - so you can add this OS to the list supported :-)
Cool.

-Robin

send messages to: doc-sig@python.org