[DOC-SIG] Library reference manual debate

Skip Montanaro skip@calendar.com (Skip Montanaro)
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 08:46:28 -0500 (EST)

> I would like to make a small addition to the Python library documentation
> [1].  It will not be real soon, say at the start of 1998.  What format
> should I produce it in?

Sorry I missed this before.  I zapped an entire chain in this thread without
reading them.  (Gotta get through my mail somehow...) I only noticed it as a
quote in a later message.

You should most definitely use LaTeX.  In the .../Doc directory is a
template (libtemplate.tex) for documenting an individual module.  Its
comments are quite clear, so it's pretty easy to get things right.  Even if
you don't have direct access to LaTeX to check your work, I'm sure Guido or
others who do would much rather start with your rough input than a blank
template.

Skip Montanaro    | Musi-Cal: http://concerts.calendar.com/
skip@calendar.com | Python: http://www.python.org/
(518)372-5583     | XEmacs: http://www.automatrix.com/~skip/xemacs/tip.html