[DOC-SIG] Library reference SGML plan

M.-A. Lemburg lemburg@uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 19:42:36 +0100

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> I expect that more and more people get the
> documentation (in PostScript or HTML) off the web site,...

Which is very convenient :) Say, wouldn't it make sense to
break the distribution into a program source and a documentation
source part ?! The preformatted versions of the docs are just so much
simpler to install and use than the source versions. I mean
honestly: how many users do really want to get latex or jade
running .before. seeing any of the neat manuals explaining
Python ? Getting Python to install is a piece of cake
compared to that...

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg

send messages to: doc-sig@python.org