[DOC-SIG] Library reference SGML plan / size of supplied documentation

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 15:52:58 +0100

>> Overall I prefer Postscript, but PDF has the big
>> practical advantage that we can distribute a viewer with it, whereas many
>> people are not in a position to view/print Postscript [2].
>
>Really?  If we distribute HTML for online viewing, does PDF still
>have any advantages over PostScript for printing?  I've rarely had
>complaints about the PostScript I've been distributing so far.  Having
>to dwonload the viewer is actually a deterrent for those people who
>haven't already got one.

Definitely; not all Windows users have postscript printers,
for example.  And PDF files are usually much smaller, which
is good for modem users.

Cheers /F

send messages to: doc-sig@python.org