[Doc-SIG] pythondoc comments

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 10:16:39 +0200

* Lars Marius Garshol

> - do you think gendoc should generate output in lots of different
>   formats, or do you think DSSSL style sheets should be supplied
>   with pythondoc instead? (That would enable RTF, TeX and MIFF
>   conversion with Jade, and even browsing with HyBrick.)

* Daniel Larsson

>That makes a lot of sense to me, yes. I haven't fiddled with DSSSL
>yet, but I meant to... (time, time).

Once this becomes the official pythondoc policy you may not have
to... :-)

>Hmm, yes... That's "historic" reasons... :-). First, the XML output
>is really the internal tree printed. I added the "id" attribute
>later to be able to search in the tree, and I never got around to
>remove the "name" element. It will go away.

I think the id attribute would be much more useful if it had unique
values (Namespace1_Namespace2_name?), since it could then be defined
as an ID attribute in the DTD. This would enable us to locate entities
easily via XPointers, the DOM level 2 and even CSS/XSL.

I haven't looked very closely at the XML yet, but if I can find the
time I will (not likely this week, unfortunately).

--Lars M.