[DOC-SIG] Xrefs

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:07:22 -0500

Friedrich, Robin K writes:
 > On second thought, requiring full qualification is probably the best
 > since it requires the least new understanding on the part of the user.
 > And when reading the code this will be the most helpful as relying on
 > the tool's searching rules won't help the reader of the source.
 >
 > And yes the . separator is more appropriate.
 > I do like it for presentation and to help disambiguate the namespace
 > type from the namespace name itself. Just because it carries no
 > information content doesn't mean it's not mentally useful. And in

  Fully-qualified names is fine by me.
  I'd rather not have to use the colon; it seems distinctly different
from the way things get described in the Python Library Reference
(where phrases like "in module frobnaltz" are added to index entries,
for instance).  But I could live with it.
  It sounds like we're in reasonable agreement on this.
  Comments from anyone else?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.