[Doc-SIG] Missing documentation in os module?

Kevin J. Butler butler@cs.byu.edu
Wed, 13 May 1998 08:21:39 -0600 (MDT)

A recent proselyte (not yet a convert) asked how to walk directories
in Python.

I told him about os.listdir and os.path.isdir, and then os.path.walk, and
directed him to the library reference, os module section.

Turns out, that section doesn't document these functions (or a bunch of
other functions in the os module).  I think it used to--or did I learn
about them somewhere else? Is there a problem in the conversion to HTML?

Also, I knew to look in posixpath for path functions, but there wasn't a
reference to NT functionality that a novice could find...

kb
--
Kevin Butler		          butler@byu.edu			8-)
A pun a day keeps the doctor away...and everyone else, too.