[Doc-SIG] Python PODs?

Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:21:03 -0500 (CDT)

    Moshe> The basic format would be POD (Perl's plain old documentation
    Moshe> format), which is quite easy to parse. The Pythonic namespace
    Moshe> hierarchy (package->module->object->methods) could be reflected
    Moshe> in directory structure

    Moshe> I would be all-to-happy in helping to write such a back-end, ...

    Moshe> What do you think?

In theory, it's a reasonable proposal, however I worry about having yet
another place to write documentation.  For module docs we currently have the
library ref manual and the inline doc strings.  For your proposal to fly,
not only would you have to be a strong motivating force in getting it
implemented, it would have to replace one of the other current documentation
formats somehow.

Skip Montanaro	| http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com  | http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/
847-971-7098