[Doc-SIG] docstring grammar

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 14:58:25 -0500 (EST)

Paul Prescod writes:
 > What I'm hearing is that C extensions should just NOT be documented
 > inline. Perhaps the interperter should look for their docstrings in .pdc
 > files...to be defined another day!!!

  Perhaps a reasonable approach would be to write the documentation as
a Python source file that offered right interface and some sort of
flag that the classes are really extension types?  This would make it
reasonably easy to work with and explain, and no new markup language
has to be introduced simply to document an extension module.
  It also wouldn't hurt that no additional tools would be needed!  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>