[Doc-SIG] Undocumented modules

David Ascher da@ski.org
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:53:33 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Christopher G. Petrilli wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 12:31:23PM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > >             colorsys		DEPRECATE (very incomplete and possible
> > > 	    			inacurate, use PIL)
> >
> > Hm...  This incorporates quite a bit of arcane knowledge that was hard
> > to come by when we wrote it.  I'm not sure where it is incomplete or
> > inaccurate.
>
> Um, missing color systems like CMYK (which of course are nearly
> impossible to do), but also is part of the concept of imaging a'la PIL
> it seems, so awefully incomplete without the ability to do
> transformations in the color system (histograms, etc).

It's still useful (one may want to do colorspace manipulations just
within Tkinter, for example), it's small, and it's not that hard to
document.  Unless proven inaccurate, I vote to keep it.  If I have to
document it to keep it, I'm willing to do that.

--david