[Doc-SIG] Documenting extension modules

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 17:36:21 +0200

Having added docstrings to many of my Python modules, I'd now like to
work on some of my C extension modules. Adding docstrings to them is
not much of a problem, but they seem to be much less useful. Pythondoc
cannot get information such as argument names from an extension
modules, and some doc strings seem to be completely inaccessible, for
instance those for methods in types.

Is there any convention for documenting extension modules, and does
pythondoc provide any support for it?

Konrad.