[Doc-SIG] On David Ascher's Rant

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba Manuel Gutierrez Algaba <irmina@ctv.es>
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 19:15:15 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, David Ascher wrote:

"""
\jaja
\jiji

> > >   """
> > >   <AUTHOR>David Ascher</AUTHOR>
> > >   <VERSION>1.0</VERSION>
> > >   <DATE>20/10/96</DATE>
> > >   <DESCRIPTION>This is a module with one function in it.</DESCRIPTION>
> > >   <URI>...</URI>
> > >   """
>
>    What I really care most about is a final decision, not the specific
>    markup used.
\indexfinaldecision \indexmarkupdiscussion \indexexampleXML

\jiji
"""

My proposal is so flexible that it could live with any other marking.

And USENET post and emails can be sorted in source so they'd be
reusable. That's why I say it's a kind of XML, because we
can reuse if we can handle the info. Please make the try of
understanding, I'm proposing something far more powerful than
javadoc, It's two orders of magnitude higher level!

And we can get set of compatible indexes , because the biggest
problem of this is when we get too many indexes, but then It'll
be a success, not a real problem.

Just imagine, having all comp.lang.python attributed and reusable,
I think somebody has made a book doing this, I propose lets make
the book ourselves, little by little, not by chapter, but by
concepts, by families of concepts, ... a kind of book,
but upside-down: the indexes are the chapters.

And please forget javadoc-ish stuff, I'm not talking about that.
This is much better!

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
 /SantisimaInquisicion/index.html

  Disease can be cured; fate is incurable. -- Chinese proverb