[Doc-SIG] latex2html

Michael Hudson mwh21@cam.ac.uk
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 16:03:02 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Michael Hudson writes:
>  > My installation of latex2html seems to have withered and died (like,
>  > gosh).
>
>   LaTeX2HTML tends to do that, unfortunately.

No kidding!  This release seems to install html.sty in the same place as
the last one - which is something new, at least.

>  > What's the current blessed version and where can I get it from?
>
>   I'm using 99.2b8 with Perl 5.6.  LaTeX2HTML should still be
> available at http://saftsack.fs.uni-bayreuth.de/~latex2ht/current/.

Right, this now seems to be working (after I tracked down netpbm).

Thanks!

It has to be said the trailer to the "make install", where it says:

Done. Have a lot of fun with LaTeX2HTML!

just makes me want to hit something.  "I didn't mean that sort of fun!"

Cheers,
M.