[Doc-SIG] Cross-reference proposal

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:15:35 -0000

Talking with Eddy yesterday, he pointed out something that I hadn't thought
about, which is the general usefulness of Ka-Ping Yee's "documentation from
un-annotated doc strings" tool when one actually *wants* to get
documentation from the vast number of doc strings which don't have
annotation. I think that's a tool we *need*, and it looks like Ka-Ping Yee's
approach is excellent for that purpose.

So please don't take my grumbles about not wanting to go that route as
saying I don't think the tool is very clever, and (I now realise) also very
useful.

I also rather like the appearance of the web page produced! (although I
haven't read the HTML).

Oh - and has anyone else said how nice it is to see Ka-Ping back on the
Python lists again?

Tibs

--
Tony J Ibbs (Tibs)      http://www.tibsnjoan.demon.co.uk/
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive