[Doc-SIG] Re: outdent.el (for .py editing in Emacs)

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 14:37:49 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Randall Hopper wrote:

> [I posted outdent.el, an exposure-control emacs minor mode for indented
   text.]

> That is a really nice aid for Emacs users.  Personally I think this is
> worth posting to the main python list! ;-)  And linked off of
> http://www.python.org/emacs/, if you're confortable with it.

It was on the python.org contrib section, but that's now gone.  I think it
was in the python.org emacs section, too, but that seems to be gone - too
bad!  I too would like to see it back there.  I don't have time to post it
to comp.lang.emacs right now - feel free to do so, if you'd like!  I just
can't followup at the moment, due to lack of time...

> Seeing outdent-show-all, I was looking for an 'outdent-hide-all' or
> 'outdent-hide-this-level', but didn't find one.  No big deal.  I'll write a
> macro for that sometime.

Do '^U^C^H' at a top-level topic.  (If you just keep doing a '^C^H' it'll
close things until you get to the top level, then a message will tell you
to give the repeat count.)

> Thanks for the tool.

Glad you like it!

Ken