[Doc-SIG] <tt> tagging (was Re: Some random thoughts)

Laurence Tratt laurie@eh.org
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 22:10:18 +0000

Peter Funk wrote:

> Well.  I think you missunderstood me.  So I will try to explain
> it again:  From my observations and personal use of doc-strings I
> see no necessity for a construct to markup arbitray *in-paragraph*
> code sequences, because they are not really often needed.  So I've
> no objections against the idea to using #code code# for markup of
> such sequences.  But I really don't care much.
>
> What is far more often needed is to markup *in-paragraph* uses of
> identifiers

Although I'm nowhere near as worried about this as Eddy, I do think that a
reasonable amount of doc strings might use "func(args)" in a paragraph quite
legitimitely. I don't know if that means we should necessarily allow
arbitrary chunks of code via # # or not (personally I don't see it being
used much[0]), but I think we need to think carefully before not including
the func(arg) use.

Laurie

[0] Except by Eddy :)